Friday, April 1, 2011

Oatmeal & It's Touch & Go


Eating when you're pregnant is a whole post in itself. Right, ladies?

But eating when you're pregnant AND nauseous is like...a novel in itself. It changes every day, from moment to moment.

It's like waking up from a coma where you've had memory loss and you know you're hungry, but you have no idea what you like. You have to relearn your tastes all over again.

My goal with eating right now, is 85% raw - with the cooked being 100% vegan and limited to whole grains (think oatmeal, quinoa), lentils, legumes, and vegetables.

This morning after I did my workout, I was really hungry - and getting more nauseous by the minute. I had to change my two kids' diapers because they pooped right after the other and hooooo boy, that was a challenge.

I got a watermelon out and was all ready to cut it open & dive in, but....for some reason I was just NOT craving the liquidy sweetness of it. What sounded soooo good to me was something heavy, something more tasty but not quite as sweet.

So I had 2 cups of cooked oatmeal with 1 cup of blueberries, and cinnamon, stevia, honey, and 1/2 cup of raisins with water only, no milk. It hit the spot! SO delicious, a bit too sweet so next time I'll nix the Stevia - but yummo! Marie (4) and Harmony (1) were begging for a bite but no, I wouldn't give them any ha ha! But I did do the good Mama thing and make them some more.

It filled up my tummy and felt good. But, here it is 15 minutes later and the nausea is back and there is a sour taste in my mouth. So I think it's going to be pretty touch & go for the next 6 weeks (oh, gah!! That is like an eternity when you have to take it one.day.at.a.time). I don't think I'm going to find my "miracle" food that makes me feel awesome for a long period of time, but REGARDLESS I am determined to only allow myself the option to eat raw and cooked vegan plant based (only 15% though).

1 comment:

  1. I wish there was a miracle food for you! You're doing great though...

    ReplyDelete