Saturday, April 2, 2011

Week 6, Day 2 - My first run!

Last night was my worst night yet, yowza! I had an enjoyable night watching a movie on my laptop in my room while DH was gone, and the kids were half in bed, half watching their own movie in the other room.

I made my favorite cauliflower recipe which includes dill, brewer's yeast, lemon, garlic - sounds strange, I know, but it is absolutely scrumptious! It is baked in the oven and turns out crispy and crunchy with just the right amount of tenderness.

Then, I ate the whole thing! It's basically an entire head of cauliflower + I added 1/8 head that I had left over from a while back. Then you mix up the marinade or whatever it's called, toss it, and bake it. So it's just cauliflower + spices.

So yeah, I ate the whole thing - I guess that was my dinner, lol!

But last night at midnight, I woke up feeling soooo sick. It wasn't necessarily from the cauliflower though, it wasn't like I was thinking how gross it was or anything. It was more like ---- this is the next step deeper into the morning sickness. It woke me up again at 2am, and so did 2 of my kids so after helping them individually, I cut up half an apple with shaky hands, trying to b-r-e-a-t-h so I wouldn't throw up. That helped but I still woke up every 2 hours after that.

I was reading about running while pregnant, and some ladies wrote that even though they felt crappy, they pressed through it and ran anyway - and it was always a good outcome. I realize that while I DO feel like I HAVE the stomach flu, I do not. It's almost like it's all in my head, you know? My body doesn't need "coddling" to recover or get well.

So that mindset helped me get up this morning and at 10am, I set out to run for the first time ever while pregnant! I ate a big banana first and felt actually, pretty good. I warmed up for 4 minutes by powerwalking, then jogged at a medium pace for 20 minutes. It was about a mile and a half. A good start!

After my run, I ate a big bowl of strawberries...yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment