Thursday, April 21, 2011

Week 8, Day 7 - Cautions on going raw while pregnant & THE BOMB broccoli salad

Yesterday seemed to be an ok day as far as morning sickness - I didn't experience that I was worse than normal, and I was able to make a full spaghetti dinner for the family and serve it. I did end up eating 4 pieces of french bread complete with butter and garlic spread, from the store so who knows, it could've been margarine, bleh. But I'm OK with it because ~

A friend of mine, Elmina, texted to tell me that if a person has an extreme dietary change during pregnancy they can miscarry. I know there are a lot of rumors and cautions out there regarding eating raw especially, I experienced that alot when I went raw with Jack. I had to kind of get a spine of steel against the cautions I got from friends and just go with what I felt was right for my body.

So I don't know if that is true or not, but one thing that is different this time is that I was NOT eating raw when I got pregnant. I wasn't even eating a plant based diet - I ate everything I wanted except meat about 95% of the time. I was going the calorie counting route where everything goes as long as it's low calorie.

So that's the difference. I came into pregnancy with a highly toxic body, unfortunately, and I forgot about that. I know that all raw is the best for me and for baby, but not the detox part of it. So I'm going to take it slowly and work my way up to eating all raw - but mostly, I'm going to shoot for all raw each day and try, if I do eat something cooked, to have it be healthy cooked. I just know that if I give myself a license to eat cooked then I tend to go overboard the wrong way. I could totally tell too, as soon as I ate that first piece of crusty french bread, my mind immediately went to those ritz crackers I'd been avoiding all day and I wanted to just eat a whole package of them, lol!

Today so far I have eaten:

***1 thai coconut with milk & meat
***Bowl of frozen sorbet of blueberries, strawberries, vanilla flavoring, and 1T. honey.
***THIS broccoli salad - O.M.G. I am in heaven!!

I just ordered some raw cocoa powder, barhi dates, and agave. I'm looking forward to making some yummy recipes!! Now I just need to find a good source for raw coconut oil...

No comments:

Post a Comment