Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 6 Postpartum - record weigh-in!

I was super happy today to weigh myself and find that I was at 145!! That is the lowest I have ever weighed at 6 days postpartum in my entire history of having kids. It was really encouraging, and means that I have 18 pounds left to lose.

Hmmm.

Still seems like alot, but hey, I clearly remember being stuck at 142-143 for AGES after having Harmony at around 2 months postpartum. That was where my weight loss stalled after the natural loss that comes from having a baby. I have a feeling maybe I'm going to stall in the 130's this time - how cool would that be?! My pre-pregnancy weight was 127, and my normal weight is 118-120. So I still have a ways to go but what the heck, it's only day 6 of postpartum so I have some time, I think!

I'm faithfully wearing my belly bandit wrap about 3/4 of the day (RA you should do this!!!) - I find that I don't like to wear it as much at night, probably because my uterus is still shrinking and it doesn't feel good to have it tight when I'm trying to relax and sleep. Last time I started wearing it at 10 days pp and wore it 24-7 so probably when I get closer to 10 days I'll start doing that again.

HAPPY to say once again, it is totally working!!! My stomach is, at this rate, going to be completely flat by 2 weeks - I'll bet!!! I can already suck it in and it's almost all the way flat except for a small pooch at the very bottom and I actually almost have a FIGURE again. SO crazy and I am SO mad that no-one ever told me about this before!! All those months after babies that I hated looking preggo still, just waiting for my tummy to go down. Somehow the organs that get pushed around and relocated just take FOREVER to get back into place, but the band just seems to help them pronto. It also helps my back and my overall feeling of torso strength to wear it. When I put it on, it's that feeling of aaaahhhhhh that feels good. I do have to say, though, that it looks RETARDED when you're wearing it, ha ha! It pushes up the back fat against my bra strap and I look like a hunchback. Good thing I can't see that in the mirror, lol!

I put on a size Medium normal Old Navy shirt today and it looks really nice! Whew, at least one thing that fits! My pre-pregnancy size was a Small/XSmall so I don't have much to choose from, but I'll take what I can get! All my pregnancy shirts look ridiculous. I'm going to go online and probably buy a few more in this size since I know it fits well - no real shopping in stores for me, it's allll about online! =) But to give you perspective, I clearly remember ordering size XXL Old Navy shirts (ha ha I just accidentally wrote "shits" - hee hee) and having them fit me just right, when I had baby #5. It still amazes me that things can be so different just because of a lifestyle change!

Nursing is going SO great - I was only engorged mildly for 24-36 hours once again, and this time it was NOT because of eating raw vegan so it must be the weight difference? That's the only thing I can think of, why my last 3 babies have been like this. The first 5 were a very painful FULL 48 hours of hard as a rock engorgement with hard to sleep, hard to nurse, etc. I am also not as sore when he latches on - I've been diligently applying Lanolin creme EVERY single time he is done. I think it's making a big difference because always by day 6 with EVERY baby I am still wincing and wondering if the baby is not latching on right and crying and wishing nursing wasn't so hard for me...it gets better around 4 weeks normally.

Also, this time I am not taking any of the normal fenugreek, Mother's Milk tea, eating lots of greens, etc. The stuff I did with Harmony & Jack. It worked with Jack (nursed til 7 months), didn't with Harmony (nursed til 3 months) so....I don't know, I guess I'm not as up tight about it this time. I AM, however, eating LOTS of oatmeal (2-4 cups) and also drinking one beer each day both on the recommendation of my midwife with my last baby. Which I never followed because I was trying to be raw. We'll see - talk about a total change of techniques though! =) DH thinks it is rather cool that I am drinking beer, I've always hated it and preferred wine so we would never drink beer together. He went out and got me a 6-pack of local IPA's which are the good beer not the crappy kind, 6 different kinds, and even made up a chart listing them with a yes/no check and a rating. It warmed my heart to see him take such good care of me!

Weigh-in stats (for future reference):

Full-term: 158
Day 5: 149
Day 6: 145

3 comments:

  1. So funny to read he's taking care of you with BEER :):) got a good smile out of that one:)
    Lots of people only dream of weighing in the 140's. !!!! How cool you already there! I wish I has known about those belly band things too!! Sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is amazing Sherah! What is the Belly Bandit? Can I borrow it in June, LOL :)

    I can't wait to see Charlie. I had a dream the other night that I saw you at Macleay right after you had him and your stomach was already flat; sounds like it's true!

    Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just bumped into your blog from seeing your comment on 16 blessings' mom... I was enjoying reading your posts..so far just the post partum ones. We have a lot of similarities..I have eight kids too, I'm newly pregnant with our ninth. My regular weight is also between 118 & 120 but my pre-pregnancy weight was 122-123 this time. I also run and bite at the bit to start again after babies (but oftentimes take too long then to get started due to pure exhaustion...and complacency).. And I have a ravenous appetite after babies, while nursing. I want to come back to your blog now and see the details for the raw vegan part of your pregnancy. :)

    ReplyDelete