Saturday, December 3, 2011

5 Days Postpartum...feeling SO much better today!

Note to self: with a new baby, no two days are ever the same! Thank goodness for that!

Last night, oh he was so sweet! No he did not sleep longer than 2 hours at a time but who cares, he went right to sleep every time he was done nursing!! That, my friends, is a miracle in itself. I didn't have to spend hours trying to figure out what he wanted, trying every single thing I could think of and he still wouldn't sleep. Yay! I feel refreshed this morning, at least, as refreshed as one can be lol.

I ended up watching Nikita at 4am, lol. I figured I might as well venture out into the living room to nurse in the night so that DH can sleep, and since it is peaceful and quiet out there with just some white Christmas lights for lighting. It was super nice, I will probably do that again - nice to make the nursing time go by quicker.

Also, he is cutting down on nursing time, yay for that! Seems to be more like 45 minutes now that I am not engorged, he is getting quicker and more efficient and doesn't fall asleep a million times, just more like a thousand. lol.

I weighed myself this morning for the first time - 148 lbs as of day 5! That is 9 pounds lost, so I still have 22 more to go. With Harmony by day 5 I weighed 150 at day 5 so it's kind of nice to know I'm a little bit ahead of myself this time.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there,
    Glad you are feeling better today. Yeah, sleep deprivation is SO tough. I remember so clearly (last year with Macy) but yeah, it will pass. It just gets easier as they grow..and it happens so fast. Enjoy these baby days :)
    Hope you liked the show? :)

    ReplyDelete