Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Week 27, Day 5 - CHOMPING at the bit!

Oh you guys...I am in that state where there is so.much. I want to do right now!!! It's like my mind goes around in circles and I have so many plans for my day and things I want to accomplish/tackle, and yet - my body is NOT willing.

Actually, it *is* willing, for the first 3/4 of the day it seems that I am able to physically do quite a bit, and then once dinner time cleanup is finished, I am soooo tired my body is screaming at me to sit down for like, 5 hours. Straight.

Problem is, there is so much to do as far as just keeping the house TIDY during the day, that if I want to tackle anything extra it almost has to be done after dinner time, and of course, I am totally beat by then.

I COULD let my house go and work my tush off while I have the energy, but then when it comes time to make dinner and I observe my completely messy house, it totally stresses me out and everything seems to be way more chaotic and just out of rest.

I have to say, though, that being home today? It has been AWESOME. Basically for the past 2 weeks my life has been this:

14th Saturday - 25th Thursday, packing & moving to/from our church retreat.
26th Friday - scrambling crazily to do laundry and unpack as much as I can without overdoing it to prepare for being gone the next 3 days.
27th Saturday - 29th Monday - traveling 3 hours away with DH and relaxing.

30th, TODAY - unpacking, getting things in order from being gone, catching up on making appointments for school immunizations, school transfer papers, dentist, and then diving headfirst into the problem we're currently having with our mortgage informing us that we are actually currently 18 payments behind from SIX years ago and need to pay the extra $2,500 um, YESTERDAY.

Yeah right, no way in heck we missed that many (or ANY! I am super careful with mortgage payments) - so now I'm regretting my not keeping records very well and have been on the phone with the bank, tracking down the check stubs...turns out it costs $5 PER CHECK for them to send copies for proof that we paid, and I don't even know what check numbers they are....blah. I know it'll be all solved eventually but for now it's rather hair-raising wondering if we're going to have to pull all that money out of our emergency fund and pay? or what?

In the meantime...my room, my room, my room! I want to finish it before I get too big and cumbersome...I am 7 months on Friday! So there is that pressure, aaack! DH could pretty much care less, he probably wouldn't really notice if I just left it in this particular state of unfinished-ness for a year. So it's all up to me, I need to get the boards cut from Lowe's and then nail them up, paint, spackle, etc.

Which is super fun for me and I want to do! But, then, we're back to the same old problem of the body not cooperating.

Times like this I'm like my GOSH, why didn't I appreciate my strong, non-pregnant body way back when?? Why did I fritter my time away on dumb things, or why/how could I have even THOUGHT that I was tired or didn't have enough energy? Silly, silly me...I'm going to remember this feeling when I have a 4 month old baby and feel like I can't do very much. WAYYY better than a big belly and a backache, *I* think.

I'm fascinated lately by furniture refinishing/fixing up. I even have several pieces that I have purchased at garage sales and such, that are waiting in my garage to be fixed up. I LOVE that I can have beautiful furniture if I do it myself, and there are so many tutorials online of moms just like me who have never done it before, and followed others' tutorials, and their pieces look so amazing!!! Like this one:

and this one - sooo awesome!



I am SO intrigued by the unlimited possibilities of what I could number one, FIND at thrift stores/craigslist/garage sales for cheap and then fix up with some TLC to sell. I used to sell children's clothes on Ebay and made a good living until I eventually just had too many kiddos to keep up with it. I miss the shopping part of it ALOT, but the truth is, that industry has pretty much bottomed out anyway.

I love love loved having my own "egg money" so to speak, to earn on the side and do fun things with our family and the kids. How much fun would it be to find cool pieces like these, and fix them up to sell on craigslist, and enjoy transforming something ugly and old/outdated into something completely fabulous? And at the same time, gradually finding and keeping the best/my fave pieces for my own home to enjoy and just love.

I found a GORGEOUS size queen bed frame at a garage sale last summer for 5, yes FIVE dollars because it had some fairly deep and noticeable scratches on it. Maybe from a dog? I could not believe my ears when he said it was $5 and that it was STILL THERE! I have not been brave enough to attempt the sanding & painting of that bed to sell, but my plan is to do that and use the money to buy a nice bed frame for our size King bed. It looks very similar to this but not *quite* as fancy:

I love to read the Ballard Designs and Pottery Barn catalogs...yummmmy! So many good ideas, oooooh man, I need to clean out my garage so that I can start working on some of this stuff! But, the tired body. The heavy belly. The aching back. Blah.

Someday.....


In the meantime, you bet I am bookmarking sites that have great tutorials and ideas for what kind of decor and do it yourself stuff I want to try!!! I am still just enthralled with the idea of turning my home, my little track home that looks like just about everyone else's in my neighborhood, into something beautiful that I love to look at. That when we sell, people will appreciate and notice the unique touches we have added, and want to buy it.

Like my bedroom - the board & batten looks so pretty, and it's not even caulked or painted with the final coat yet. Or painted the blue I have ready and patiently waiting. Love it!

Today has been a good day, as I feel really refreshed from being away from home for so long, and ready - oh, SO ready, for fall to come and to settle into our routine here at home while the kids are in school.

I love taking naps, just short ones, but so lovely, and all summer long have had to deal with the older ones being here and banging around, being loud, while I try in vain to sleep. It'll be nice to have just the little ones here during naptime so I can get into that routine again - especially after the baby comes.

This winter for about 3 months I'll have just 2 at home for half the day - Jack3, and Harmony2. That will be so nice, as they play pretty well together. Jack is very amiable and loves to play by himself. We'll see how it goes, especially once we find out whether Marie5 gets into morning or afternoon kindergarten, that will really define our days for sure.

See you around!

PS: After eating not so super great on my weekend with DH, I am so happy to say that today I have been eating so well! I had some watermelon, then a chocolate shake, and said no to all the fast food calling my name as I was running errands today, then for dinner I had a pretty big helping of quinoa and just a few bites of a roll with honey. If I am hungry later I'll have more quinoa...it seems to taste even better once it's chilled and been sitting in the fridge for a few hours as the flavors mix wonderfully. So happy to be back on track! (although yes the vanilla ice cream with fudge and peanut butter *is* calling my name...)

No comments:

Post a Comment