Friday, August 26, 2011

Week 27, Day 1 - I am DYING in this heat!!

Today has not been the best of days ... it is 90 degrees out there and my little house is an inferno. Except for my bedroom which is blessedly cool, or trying to be - it's probably 75 degrees in here because all the kids keep coming in & out to talk to me, and leaving the door wide open. When you go out of my bedroom it feels like you're putting your entire body inside the oven!

I'm going to sign out now because it's a really trying day and well, I don't want to write in a complaining spirit.......=)

.....okay, back now - a few hours later. And cooler. Our front windows somehow grab onto the wind in our area and usually we have a nice breeze blowing through our house right around 7pm. Feels soooo nice!

I finally put my feet up and was thinking rather discouraging thoughts like, I got nothing done today! But then I was like --- ooooooh yeah, the MOTHS. Have you ever had moths in your pantry? Not fun. At. all.

So yeah, we came home from vacation to find some lovely moths, about 6 of them adorning the ceiling and walls of our pantry, and they had already gotten into the sunflower seeds...and the corn meal...and the powdered milk...and who knows what else.

So THAT is what I spent my entire morning doing, oh yeah! Now I remember. I needed to put away all the food from vacation that we had brought, the non contaminated food, and I wasn't about to mix it with the contaminated food! So a good cleaning was in order for the pantry - which actually, is something I've been wanting to do for a really long time, so I'm glad I was forced to do it.

My motto lately is to: keep the house in order, and do one extra thing each day. Whether that be sweep/mop all the floors, or clean the bathrooms, something EXTRA that doesn't get done each day in order to maintain my sanity.

So the house is in relatively clean order now, except for the MOUNTAIN of clean laundry on the couch (as I am frantically cycling through all the dirty laundry trying to get it washed before leaving tomorrow) and the kids' bedrooms (which are not quite the disaster they usually are, but are going to *quickly* turn into one if I don't do something), and the vacuuming. Oh, and sweeping.

Tomorrow I leave at noon for 2 days with DH in the big city, and oh it is HARD to leave again!!! I just want to get back into the routine of things so bad, I want to be able to keep my house clean again and just LIVE normal life again! I also can't wait for school to start...it'll be so so so nice to just have 3 kids at home instead of 7 during the day!

Pregnancy...my hernia is really bothering me now. Apparently it is officially called naval hernia and is fairly common, but I've never had it. It seems to act up MUCH more the last half of the day, possibly connected to my not resting enough and doing too much. ha, which is like, every single day!

It hurts me even when I am just simply walking, as it pulls my stomach side to side slightly with each stride. It sticks out right above my belly button (but doesn't look abnormal at all, it really just looks like my belly button is sticking out only it's not, it's right above) and anything that touches it, I wince. I can't do the dishes normally because my belly hits the counter right there, and if I bend over straight down, it scrunches it up so it hurts. I also can't hold anyone in my lap if I'm reclining even the slightest bit, poor Harmony doesn't understand that but at least she's not really a lap sort of person anyway.



So, interesting times. I've always had very boring, simple pregnancies and my only complaint was usually the heaviness from just being PREGNANT.

No comments:

Post a Comment