Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Week 26, Day 5 - I am soooooo ready to go HOME!!!

So we've been here at our church retreat center for ... um... let's see ~ 11 days so far. It's been harder for me this time, but maybe I always think that?

Ha! Probably. =)

I just keep on wanting to go hooooooome already! I think a big part of it is I am really ready to just settle into fall, back to school, and getting my routine back. And, I really really REALLY want to get back to working on my room! Before I get too big in the tummy, that is - I am just chomping at the bit to finish it up and make it all beautiful and pretty.

Eating-wise, I have done so amazingly well I can't really believe it. I think a huge part of it has to do with knowing, just KNOWING that if I do eat that ice cream, or this or that bad-for-me-food, I will feel even worse than I do already. I'll not be able to tolerate late nights of waiting for my older ones to come into the dorm and get a snack and go to bed so I can do the same. Or the 3-4-5-6-7 times I get woken up every night, all night, by Jack3 who for some reason just yells and cries in his sleep OFTEN. I didn't realize how often until we slept in the dorm room together, all 9 of us! Yowza!

But anyway, I think eating mostly raw/plant based has really helped me hang on by a thread throughout this time, able to cope and deal with everything that is required of a Mother/Wife when out on vacation. While pregnant. With 7 kids.

Two more days - we'll probably stay through naptime/pooltime, then head home. The next day DH is running in his big race from the mountains to the beach, and then the day after that, I leave with my friend to go meet him & his team a the finish line! (it's a 24-hour race). Then Dh & I will go to the big city for two nights to chill and hang together and spend money. Ha ha! Sounds like fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment