Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Week 32, Day 5 - Sooooo tired today!

You know those days where you wake up so refreshed and feel like it's going to be a GREAT day with lots of plans to get so much done??

Today is not one of those days.

I had a hard time sleeping last night, and basically woke up at 5am and tossed & turned, thinking about this or that. At one point I sat up and was like OMG! I totally forgot to put the tooth fairy money under Isaac9's pillow...and he even TOLD me before he went to bed that I should just give him the money then because I always forget, lol. I've kind of given up on the whole mystified look when they talk about the tooth fairy, pretending I have no idea what they're talking about...at least, with the bigger kids. Kids are just way too smart these days.

I said no way, go to bed, and if I forget I'll give it to you in the morning. =) When I slipped it under his pillow of COURSE he woke right up and was like, "What, Mom?" I just pretended that he'd been having a bad dream and I was checking on him to see if he was ok. And then, of course, he totally forgot all about it in the morning and it's still there under his pillow.

Anyway, today I am bleery eyed. And feeling not motivated at all. I have like 4 phone calls to make and I HATE making phone calls, to make appointments and all that. I rear ended a guy very gently on Sunday at about 8mph because Rachel put some shoes with a BUG that crawled out up by my seat when I was driving - she was showing them to me. Yep. Tapped that Honda Accord with my Expedition. Ugh.

NO damage to my car of course, but his got bent up a bit - rrr. Anyway so I need to call the insurance company...and also the dentist to make an appointment for Grace7 who keeps saying her tooth is hurting her. And to reschedule my dentist appt for Friday because DH or Rachel (my babysitters) will not be available to watch the kiddos. I also need to make an appt to get an eye exam for me before the baby comes so I can stock up on contacts - I only have 3 month's worth left and I don't really want to tackle going to appt's with a new baby.

AND - since we finally finally get paid tomorrow (we've been living on rice & beans, beans & rice and spending NO money for the last 2 weeks mostly due to poor budget planning on my part) I can now call the air vent guy to come clean them out & the dryer as well...before we have to start turning on the heater. Our dryer takes 4 cycles to dry and I suspect a clogged vent so that will be nice. Not $75 nice, but at least I can get the laundry done in a flash! I always hated that last winter when the kids would go out in the snow and come trooping in with all their wet clothes, only to want to go back out an hour later. Aaack! Hard to keep up with drying the snowsuits & coats in between, esp with a bum dryer.

Every morning seems the same. I think that's why I love working on my room little by little because then I see some progress, some change, in my life. Before I got pregnant the change I worked towards was in the way I was able to transform my body - that was fun, to see new numbers on the scale, to see new defined muscle, to FEEL stronger and feel young and in shape. Now I just feel old. Really old.

Sometimes it can be tempting to be disheartened by my life. By the mundane-ness of it. By cleaning up the same exact messes every morning - clearing the cereal bowls, picking up pajamas cast-offs, cleaning each room one by one with the little things that are just THERE, no idea how they got there or why. I suppose the change is that I can clearly feel the difference between being 8 months pregnant and 6 months pregnant. My stomach is definitely heavier, so my back hurts more - and all of it becomes a little harder, picking up the rooms each morning, etc.

But the other thing I know and realize, is that when I am living my life with the desire to have the ideal life and have fun, or an easy life, then I can get pretty grumpy. Cuz when you think about it, 7 kids ages 12 & under plus being pregnant, is in no way FUN. At least, what most people think is fun - it's alot of work. But the key is, that when I live my life to please God? Ohhhh boy, what a different story THAT is! What a happiness and freedom that brings, to live to do everything to please Him. Love that key to life that I've been able to see!

Guess it's time to get up and work - sooooo tired but I know a nap will only make it worse, at least, at least, a nap right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment