Saturday, October 1, 2011

Week 32, Day 2 - Apparently mind tricks DO work!

So.

This morning I felt very lazy. I mean after all, it's Saturday morning, right? I've spent 5 days in a row dutifully turning out the lights between 10:30-11pm and getting up at 6:25 to work at a fairly fast pace to get all the lunches made, everyone's clothes lined up, get everyone up & breakfast made, fix the girls' hair, then get 5 of them out the door and drive to 2 different schools...and usually early, to boot! Yay! It goes pretty smoothly except for the occasional fit about clothes or hair (why is it always the girls...rarely the boys?? LOL!) but the main thing is that when I get back home with just the 2 little ones, I am TIRED already!!

By the time we get home at around 8:30, I've been up & at it for 2 solid hours with no break and as I survey the disaster left behind I find myself wishing I would get up even earlier so I could get THEM up earlier so they could have more time to put away their pajamas and put their blankets away that they always haul into the living room to sleepily watch a movie for a few minutes before their day begins. And put their cereal bowls away...

So this morning I just wanted to lie in bed BUT it is a big work party day at Macleay, so after snuggling & chatting with DH for a bit (who has been away for the past 2 days and came home late last night) I had to get the 4 older ones ready and off to Macleay with DH.

Then, I just went...back to bed. I know, BAD Mommy!

But the 3 who stayed home, 5,3,2 - were watching a movie and I wanted to relax! So then, I had 2 bowls of cereal (BAD Mommy again, it ALWAYS makes me feel ill...but it's so yum! I think it's a nostalgic food for me, I grew up eating it every morning) and decided to just hang out in my room and do what I do every time I lie down - surf Pinterest and look at different decor blogs and get super inspired and excited to do TONS of things I basically can't do because I'm too pregnant and tired after doing my NORMAL duties, to even attempt more. Blah. But anyway...

Oh my good Lord the house was messy, especially after cuddling with DH while the kids got themselves up & ate cereal and played and changed their clothes...all the stuff I usually do directing them to PICK UP THEIR MESSES didn't happen cuz, y'know, I was with my beloved! MUCH more important. =)

So I decided to do, some mind tricks. I told myself that even though I felt like crap (my dumb fault = cereal) I was going to tackle the girls' room and when I was done, when it was ALL done, I would lie down for 15 minutes. Then I would get back up and do another task.

Woohoo, you would not BELIEVE the amount of work I have already accomplished today!!!! The girls' room was a complete and total MESS, I actually got a huge garbage sack full of stuff for Goodwill out of their room. Hee hee. Too bad DD5 was home cuz she kept on pulling stuffed animals and purses and little insignificant toys and summer shoes too scuffed to sell, OUT as fast as I could put them in! That's why I like to do that sort of thing when they're all gone. LOL

It looks awesome in there now, and I even moved the crib over to a different wall just to, you know, make it look different and fun. Funny how the kids think you are playing with them when you sit on the floor and clean their room (cuz for me, these days, everything happens while SITTING on the floor - I feel like each day I have a max amount of bending over that is allotted to me each day and if I exceed that, oh boy...so I ration it out as best as I can!). They were excitedly exclaiming over lost treasures, and all 3 of them were in the crib at one point having loads of fun. Too cute.

After their room was done, I had to make lunch real quick, they were starting to root around in the fridge = sure sign! So THEN I was able to lay down and surf some blogs - I found a kitchen that looks almost identical to ours except for the window above the sink (ooooh I wish I had a window to dress up, our kitchen is more like a "hallway" type of kitchen that leads into the family room so, no window for us) and the darker counters.

We have the same exact tile, and the same oak cabinets basically. I saved it on Pinterest so I could show DH - he's a little skeptical of painting over the wood.

Before:

And the after:

Isn't it just so pretty?!!! Even the rug, just love it. Oh! The main thing I wanted to show him, too, is that is very close to the color I want to paint our entire living area in - a gray color with lots & lots of white, and then accents of robin's egg blue and sage green/tan. It looks fabo with the white, doesn't it??

So back to cleaning, once I'd had my little break I tackled the BOYS room - again, another disaster, totally and completely. I switched things up a bit in there too for a little bit of fun and newness, and vacuumed it, the whole shebang. I was going to rest, but as I was putting the vacuum cleaner away I was like hmm...I should just vacuum the HALLWAY since both those rooms are clean now and the stuff in the hallway is going to get tracked into the rooms.

I vacuumed near my bedroom door and thought hmmm....I think I'll just quickly vacuum in there as well, just a bit. Then when I got done with the hallway, which leads to the CARPETED dining room (yes, LOVE that) I decided to just tackle that too. Which means cleaning up that room real quick AND might as well clean off/wipe the table & highchair from lunch...! Then I sat on the floor and picked up all the DVD's and candy wrappers from last night's movie night in the LIVING room, and vacuumed in there too. Oh, and actually MOVED one of the big cozy comfy chairs to vacuum under.

BOOyah! So take THAT, lazy self!

I was eyeing the entryway's need to be swept desperately, and also the kitchen, AND the bathroom - I could get all 3 of those done in about 8 minutes if I did it quickly. But then I said no, I better go lay down...

...and I just now got up after sitting here typing this and I am definitely STIFF and sore. Aw....lame. But that's okay, it really is a weird feeling though, to have SO MUCH in my head that I want to do - but my body is just totally resistant. I get these hard contractions when I vacuum and well, it's just an interesting time I'm in. I lay there in my bed and daydream about all the things I can do once I have this baby out and it's 2-3 months old.

But THEN I wonder if all of this is just totally nesting and once I actually have the baby and am in that whole lack of sleep mode...will I wonder what in the world got into me THINKING I could actually do things? Or even want to do them?

I felt like grabbing a paintbrush and taking it to the girls' room - their walls are purple on the bottom, and pink on the top - we're talking bubblegum pink. I think it's pretty, but not in it's current state - the border that was supposed to bridge the two colors never got put up, wah. And it's been 7 years since it was painted and has many MANY nicks and holes and all sorts of stuff - scribbles, even some Disney princess rub-on's that are halfway off I did when Rachel was 5
(she's 12 now and well, doesn't appreciate them as much anymore, ha ha!). THEN, the kids really REALLY wanted to help me paint MY room so I said no (this was about a month ago) but I let them paint with primer in their room. So about 1/8th of the wall is covered in white primer.

I wish I could just tackle their room, and the boys' room too...and just everywhere. My mind goes way faster than I could ever keep up!

Guess that's it for now - I still have a super duper messy kitchen and family room to tackle, including a humongous clothes monster on the couch that keeps on getting knocked onto the floor by kids who think it's fun to jump on it. Rrrr. It just takes my DOING it, so maybe after naps? I think I need to take a good long rest now, my back and achin' bones are talking to me. =)

1 comment:

  1. I loved the peek into your day Sherah!! So fun that you accomplished so much! I had the same experience today. The girls and boys rooms were HORRIBLE!! So I threw all the clothes off the beds and made them...right away it felt much better...next gathered all the clothes and put them on one bed....now the floor was clear too. I swept it...then went through the clothes putting them away. Took way less time than it looke dit would and I wasnt as overwhelmed thanks to creating instant clear space:)

    ReplyDelete