Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Week 5, Day 5 - Stocked up on Food!

I am so happy to be starting this new blog! It hopefully will hold me accountable and keep me going when I feel like giving up. I know that the minute I start eating processed crap that includes dairy, sugar, meat, and flour....I will start gaining weight. So hopefully that will help me not to give in!

Last night I tossed & turned the whole night. I am still struggling with the fact that I AM pregnant. It's so funny how we never really know what we want. DH & I were pretty sure that Harmony, #7, would be our last one, and I have been so enjoying my time with her! She is 22 months old now, and older than any of my other children have been when I got pregnant. They were at most, 13 months old when I got pregnant again.

Anyway, mostly, I'm dealing with the fact that my body is not going to lose anymore, that my goal/dream of getting to my ideal weight & size will not be realized now for another year. I am thankful that I started this pregnancy at 126 pounds, though - that is such a blessing! My hope is that I will only gain 25 pounds at the most, then be able to hit it hard to lose it after the New Year.

I don't feel sick yet, really. I've had twinges of nausea but nothing bad AT. ALL. But things are starting to taste like chalk in my mouth, and my abdomen is burning alot. I even had some sharper pains in my abdomen yesterday that were weird, but I remember them from previous pregnancies too.

I know from my last two pregnancies that if I stick to 85% raw for the entire pregnancy, I will feel FANTASTIC and look great too. That is what I want this time, too, so this morning I went to two grocery stores to stock up on raw veggies & fruit.

I plan to eat mostly raw, but any cooked that I eat will be plant based. No processed OR sugar OR meat OR dairy if I can at all help it!

Yesterday didn't go as great as I'd like, but it was a wakeup call for me. I did the Master Cleanse on Sunday, all day, successfully! Then yesterday I just drank the juice again until about 4pm when I caved and ate 3 bowls of oatmeal cereal with milk and captain crunch, some veggie chips, and something else that escapes my memory. I didn't really feel that great to begin with so after filling my tummy I didn't eat anything else for the rest of the day.

I'm excited to be able to eat anything I want without counting calories - and enjoying all my favorite recipes again. I do plan to take it easy on avocadoes and olive oil AND nuts - the overt fats. I truly believe that low fat vegan is the way to go, especially because of how I FELT before when I ate that way. I hope to eat alot of mono fruit meals such as all OJ for the day, or all watermelon. I just love fruit, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Today I bought:

pineapple
grapes
onions
apples
oranges
bananas
baby carrots
avocados
green leaf lettuce
6 heads of cauliflower
radishes
celery
cilantro
lemons
asparagus
cabbage

I think I'm set for a while! I'm going to see if DH will pick up some watermelon and bagged spinach at Costco on his way home. I am hoping against hope, that I can handle my food cravings by having so many raw and plant based cooked options around.

No comments:

Post a Comment